Baaaa Baaaa

Sunday, March 28, 2010
My friend (and neighbor) Andrea is having her baby next MONDAY!! She is due 3 weeks earlier than the original due date because of how big and well developed Foster already is. We went to college station on Saturday for the BAA BAA BAABY shower. My contribution was a whole herd of sheep. 65 to be exact.

These little guys took me so long! I've never done this type of baking project before so I really learned a lot... For example, how to select frosting tip size, how to make royal icing, how to "flood" the icing, piping technique, mixing food coloring just right....  I was really happy with the way they turned out also. Here's a Ross quote, "These are waaay better than the cookies that you get at the bakery because these actually taste good too." I love him. The cookies were perfect with the rest of the shower decor!


Can you guess what this is?


If you guessed "a bandaged puppy paw" then you are right. (Sorry, no more sheep cookies for correct guesses). Roma has had a rough week and finally had her back left, middle toe nail removed on Friday. We all hope this is the END of this saga. The bandage comes off in a couple hours... we'll see. 

Love her.

2 comments

  1. They turned out soo cute! Glad you were able to get the hang out it. You are right, royal icing does take a lot of time, but the results are worth it! Did you use the sugar cookie mix??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Dorie's sugar cookie recipe...DELISH!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--