Weekend ReCap

Sunday, March 14, 2010
Friday night was date night and we had one of the best meals we've ever had. We went to Mark's downtown, which is located in an old, renovated church. I didn't take pictures of our food because I didn't want to disturb our neighbors. To start, we split a heirloom tomato and roasted pepper salad with two types of mozzarella, aged balsamic, and green peppercorn vinaigrette. For an entree, Ross had the special of Kobe beef 2 ways: braised short ribs and steak, with chedder mashed potatoes. For my entree I had grilled jumbo shrimp with a grit cake topped with lump crabmeat. For dessert we had warm white chocolate bread pudding souffle with berries. SO GOOD!!! Best all around meal we've had in Houston!!

Afterwards we met up with my friend Sarah and some of her friends for drinks...

Saturday night Britany came over to hang out and Ross cooked for us!
Ross created fire in the kitchen... to flambay grapefruit and orange for the salad.

Ancho Chili Mashed Potatoes.
Grapefruit mint Citrus Salad.
Lot's-o-Meat.
Ross's "Meat 3 ways": Smoked steak, ribs, and chicken.

And just in case you didn't see my previous post, NATALIE is now engaged!!! The story (and the ring) sound perfect. I'm so happy for them both!!!

Now it's time to wake up my husband and my puppy from their lazy sunday afternoon naps...

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--