Cold weekend when you're CAMPING!!

Sunday, March 21, 2010
We saw Dad off to the airport tonight after an action-packed weekend out at the ranch. (If anyone has a suggestion for a name other than, "The Ranch" I'm all ears. Let me know.) We headed out there early Friday morning. It was beautiful weather and I got lots of pictures, Dad got a tour of the land, Ross and Adam planted seed in new food plots, and the Huebel parents got some R&R around the campfire.  We celebrated some birthdays with cake. We all went to bed with full bellies and happy thoughts. Things changed about 3 am when a series of thunderstorms rolled in. There was lightening, thunder, pelting rain, and WIND... 30+ mph winds!! Ross and I were sleeping in the old trailer we have out there and the wind was shaking us around. All I could think about was the others in the tents outside. The temperature had dropped to the low thirties when I crawled out of the warmth of my bed. It was cold, wet, and windy. I checked in with the others and I think the average amount of sleep we had gotten was 4 hours. It was a unanimous vote to head home a day early.   We left after attending the annual property owners meeting in town. That was a pretty funny experience in and of itself. It turned out to be a great 1 day trip to the ranch and I'm glad my dad finally got to see the place that is SOOOSO important to Ross... (and me). I will post pictures soon.

Ross cooked up a pretty stellar dinner of Spanish Seafood Paella for Dad before he left.

It was so good! Fresh shrimp, asparagus, red bell pepper, chicken, sausage.... The saffron gave it a nice subtle yellow color. The rice was crispy on the bottom, just as paella should be. Two thumbs up Ross!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--