Gumbo

Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Anyone like Gumbo??

Gumbo is a red heeler mix and the proud owner of Mom and Dad Huebel  companion to Mom and Dad Huebel. Here's another kind of Gumbo...

Gumbo is a favorite in our house! Ross made this meal from a variety of recipes, piece-mealed together. It contained fresh shrimp, chives, duck, venison spicy sausage, onion, rice... and the ROUX of course. I like a lighter colored, more liquidy roux than some recipes call for. I thought this one was perfect. For as much as I love gumbo, I really hate the smell that cooking the roux leaves behind in the house. I think it lingers for days. Any suggestions on getting rid of that awful "Roux Smell" aka burned flour!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--