Soft Spot

Monday, March 15, 2010
Everyone has their favorite kinda soup and there are days you just crave it. Black bean soup and chicken tortilla soup are my personal favorites. Ross really enjoys chili and gumbo. Today, my craving won. We had Ellie Krieger's Tomato-Tortilla Soup for dinner. Of course we added shredded chicken to it. Huebel's go a meal without meat? I don't think so.

The soup grew on me as I ate it. It's not a traditional Mexican chicken tortilla soup- it has more of a tomato taste. The recipe also has you puree the liquid, making it a thicker, smoother texture than most others I've had. I was sure to make lots more corn tortilla strips than the recipe called for. Can't skimp on those!

Here's a couple of Natalie and Kunal's engagement pictures I swiped from Facebook...


Perfect!! I'm so excited for them!! EEEEEEEEEE!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--