The Wall

Thursday, December 17, 2009
I have met so many random people at work because of my picture wall. I am of the opinion that if we have to work in the "pod" environment, aka glorified cubicles, we should personalize our space a bit, Roma just happens to be featured heavily...

For example, a man walked by and saw the picture of Roma in her camo sweater (you can see the reverse image through the glass) and asked me if she was a hunting dog. Then, we got on the topic of hunting and he said that his brother owns a couple archery stores in east Texas and that if Ross ever needs anything he can get me a good deal... Now that's opportunity there! Better make sure you put some pictures up at your office too :)
We had to make a trip to the grocery after work, so I needed to find a recipe we could whip up for dinner quickly when we got home. Seafood is my favorite cuisine and also my "go to" for quick meals, especially because it's freshest when eaten the same day it's brought home. I found this recipe from Tyler Florence and decided to give it a go.
Pan Seared Tuna with Avocado, Soy, Ginger, and Lime

It was so good! I highly recommend this recipe if you are looking for something easy AND fast. The flavors were stellar. I served the fish with brown rice and steamed broccoli, which were both great with the extra sauce. The sauce has a little bit of kick from the jalepeno, but in a good way. I suppose you could always leave it out and tone it down some...
I'm so looking forward to the holidays (and vacation)--- they're getting closer!!!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--