Slowly but Surely

Tuesday, December 22, 2009
I just talked to my parents and they are now in Louisiana, making the drive to lovely Katy, TX for the holidays. They expect to arrive around 3-4pm today. I'm thinking a trip to the dog park will be the perfect activity upon their arrival... a chance for them AND Roma to stretch the 'ole legs. Ross and Adam went bird hunting this morning. I bet it was a beautiful sunrise because the weather is looking perfect from my window. Last night we made Chicken Butternut Tagine, a Cooking Light recipe, and pistachio couscous for dinner. I doubled the recipe and I think it had more liquid than the original recipe intended, but it was good- lots of Moroccean flavors. I didn't add the olives (because I'm not a fan) and I think it was an important flavor component to this dish, so next time I will have to suck it up and add them or get the saltiness from something else.


No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--