Movie Review

Thursday, January 19, 2012
Ross and I subscribe to Netflix and probably watch 1-2 movies a week. It's fun to watch a movie in the middle of the week, just because you can. We used to have the live streaming AND the dvd rental... But the internet is slow at our house and Netflix really messed up a couple months ago (remember the Quickster/price hike annoucement from the CEO?) so we quit the streaming service.

Here's a list of movies I've seen lately and my overall score.

Moneyball
Starring Brad Pitt. Story based on Oakland A's coach Billy Bean and his novel approach to recruiting with a limited budget. Ross and I both really enjoyed this one.
Score: A

The Ides of March
Starring George Clooney and Ryan Gosling. Story about the unseen side of working for a politician- good, bad, and the ugly. It doesn't make you wanna get involved in politics that's for sure.
Score: A-

Crazy Stupid Love
Starring Steve Carrel and Ryan Gosling. It's a romantic comedy with a half original storyline. However, I got quite a few laughs during this one. I watched it on the airplane and actually laughed out loud a couple times.
Score: B

Hangover 2
Starring Brad Cooper and the rest of the gang. I loved Hangover 1, but I really didn't like this one all that much at all. It seemed to be lacking the originality of the first.
Score: C

Water for Elephants
Starring Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson. The book was amazing; there's just no way for the movie to fill those kind of shoes. I just didn't buy the onscreen chemistry between the two main characters and it was palpable in the book. MUST read the book!!
Score: B

The Help
Now I know the main character has won some awards for her role, but I (again) didn't like the movie near as much as the book. Quite a few details to the story were just left out. Apparently I'm the only one who didn't the acting was superb.
Score: B+

Larry Crowne
Starring Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. Can you say quirky chick flick? This is a feel good movie about finding happiness in the recession.
Score: B-

Captain America
Don't bother!!
Score: D

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--