NYE 2011

Monday, January 2, 2012
Hello 2012!

Ross cooked up a Rick Bayless meal for our New Years Even dinner with Kris and Jolin. I can't take any credit because I did nothing to help. Absolutely nothing. Rather, I was tasked with taking down Christmas decorations instead. It's rather depressing de-Christmasing right?

We had Chile Glazed Sweet Potato wedges with a spicy sour cream drizzle. A great twist on baked sweet potato fries, which is a staple for us.

After a small grill debacle we had steaks, filet mignon for the ladies. (Did you know grills don't work well when the weather is in the negative digits?) Also, pictured below is our appetizer, Halibut Ceviche, which I'm sure we will make again. I love ceviche.


Pictures don't do food justice these days. I'm looking forward to the sun coming back out so that my food pictures are more enticing. In the meantime, I'm going to have to settle for artificial yellow light or using the flash. Bums.
 
Jolin and Kris.


Jolin and I both love pictures so brace yourself, there's just a few of us...




After dinner we headed over to Charles and Kelley's to ring in the New Year!

Watch out!

 
We don't usually stay up this late...



Waiting for the countdown.

5 minutes till we watch the NYC ball drop (the drop that actually happened 4 hours earlier, ha)

Skeeter, in the middle of the action. No big deal.

Hostess Kelley. Great "Decorate your own Champagne Flute" craft idea!

Host. Great fireworks display Charles. I also like the new blinds... :)





Happy New Year!!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--