Cookie Duet

Wednesday, March 23, 2011
When I'm in the mood for baking (which is often) I've found it's much more efficient to do a "two-fer." By making multiple goodies at the same time, measuring cups get dirty once and you only have to pull out the ingredients once, etc. Hmm, let's do the math: TWO for the price of ONE. I love freebies, so I'll take it.

I chose two recipes out of Dorie Greenspan's "Baking, From My Home to Yours": Chocolate Chunkers and Granola Grabbers.

Granola Grabbers


The Oatmeal Grabbers are a crunchy concoction of Granola, raisins, peanuts, coconut, and pecans. I'm not usually a fan of hard, crunchy cookies but these are delicious. Breakfast cookie anyone?

Chocolate Chunkers


The Chocolate Chunkers combine dark chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate, pecans, cocoa powder, and... raisins? Yes! The raisins are absolutely necessary in this cookie. You can't see them when you take a bite, so the chewiness comes as a surprise... A delicious surprise in a gooey chocolatey guise. Here's the recipe so you can do your own taste test :)

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--