Ice Carving Championship

Tuesday, March 15, 2011
We stopped at some scenic spots for pictures during our drive to Fairbanks...


Denali! Finally a closer view...

Fairbanks hosts the World Ice Carving Championship every year. We visited after the judges passed through, so it was neat to see the winning sculptures. There were a couple displays that had crashed down and broken into a million pieces, which was kinda sad. We walked around at night to see the background lights, but it was SO COLD!
 I see 2 bears!
 Of course Ross loved this one.
 Mermaid Fairy Princess
 I really liked this one.

 Jolin & I had some cold bum cheeks after this one.
 Kris finally found a snow machine that doesn't breakdown!
Locked Up.
 Caught some trips down the slides before leaving.

Fairbanks is much colder than Anchorage. Makes me thankful I live south in the BIG city!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--