Stew on This

Thursday, January 21, 2010
Ross made "Best Beef Stew" from Cooks Illustrated Magazine.  (Ross gave me a subscription for Christmas). He used venison instead of beef. The stew had such nice flavor from the red wine in the recipe. I think we both agreed that stew is NOT going to replace our favorites anytime soon. For Ross, that would be chili and gumbo and my favorites are tortilla or black bean soup. Either way it was fun trying a new recipe. All the credit goes to Ross on this one!


While Ross slaved away in the kitchen I took the Pestie for a quick pre-dinner run. I hate to say it, but she is outta shape! ha. It was a beautiful day and it felt great to get outside after a week and half of being sick and holed up inside. JUST BREATHE!

Dessert and movie time. We're going to watch "Hangover." Ta Ta.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--