King Crab

Sunday, January 17, 2010
Yep that's right, there was King Crab at the Holiday party. All is right with the world :) The food was not quite as stellar as last year, but it was still very good. BP didn't pay for parking or the valet, so we were determined to get our moneys worth out of the buffet, all $14 of it. Mission successful. Ross had a different plate for each course. They also had an open bar. As I was still getting over being sick, I drank Perrier with lime all night long!!
At sunday school, we are reading a book called "The Hole in our Gospel" by Richard Stearns. I am a only a couple chapters in, but so far it is the story of a man (the author) and his calling to leave his job as CEO of Lenox fine china to become the president of World Vision, a worldwide charity organization. It is an interesting story and makes you think about the bigger picture and our call to serve, especially after an event like the Haiti earthquake. I'll give the book a thumb up or down after I finish it :)
Ross and I had a nice bike ride this afternoon. The weather was beautiful. I took my camera along for the ride and snapped some pictures at our stop. We had venison steak, portabella mushrooms, and roasted fingerling potatoes for dinner. MMM.





No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--