Seed Spitting

Tuesday, June 8, 2010
I think watermelon has grown on me over the years. It used to be the fruit I'd eat at Girl Scout Camp for the annual seed spitting contest. BUT, watermelon is meant for so much more than summer camp! There is something so satisfying about an ice cold, dripping wet watermelon slice on a hot day. I prefer to buy seedLESS watermelon. Wow, I must be grown up, because it used to be "no seeds, no fun". Here is a weeknight meal, inspired by the lingering watermelon in our fridge... Watermelon feta salad, Crispy Fried Catfish, and smokey lime sweet potatoes.

These are some of my favorite recipes... combined! We cooked the fish on a broiler pan, whereas we normally cook it right on the baking tray. For this particular recipe, the baking pan works to crisp the fish  better than the broiler pan, so stick with that.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--