Vacuum bags

Wednesday, June 23, 2010
I was doing a little bit of tidying up this evening and Ross asked if he could help. Help? YES. I gave him a couple chores, which included vacuuming the family room. Ross headed to the closet to retrieve the vacuum. Of course when Roma sees the vacuum she starts running around, hiding, plotting how to attack that scary vacuum and kill it once and for all. Ross did a couple turns around the room, but I noticed the vacuum was emitting "that vacuum smell" and I stopped him. Here's the conversation that ensued...


E: "Ross, do you smell that? It means its time to change the vacuum bag"
R: "Yeah I smell it"
Ross continues to vacuum. I stop him again...
E: "Do you mind changing the vacuum bag?"
R: "Can't it just wait till next time?"
E: "No because it smells and that means it should have been already"
R: "How about I just finish the room"
E: "There's bags in the closet, please go get one"
R: "I've never changed a vacuum bag before. I don't know how to do it"
E: "What? Never? It's really easy. You'll be fine"


I'm happy to report mission Change Vacuum Bag was completed successfully, much to Roma's dismay. Chores--check!


No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--