Girls Dinner

Sunday, June 27, 2010
Last year Steph invited me to dinner with some of her friends. They get together once a month for a girls dinner party, hosted by a different person every month. What a great idea! How neat to have your buddies live nearby?! I've been tagging along ever since, and it was finally my turn to play hostess in the dinner rotation. We had Asian chicken coleslaw and Steph brought peach nectar Bellini's to wash it down. For dessert we had Dorie's Hidden Berry Cheesecake Torte and cookie dough cheesecake bars, to celebrate Nikki's birthday and love of all things cheesecake :)


To be honest, I'm not much of a cheesecake person, which is why I choose these two recipes. The bars have a graham cracker crust, a cream cheese "cheesecake" layer, topped with a cookie dough layer. These were definitely a hit! Dorie's torte is actually a mixture of LIGHT cream cheese and LIGHT cottage cheese, blended in a food processor until creamy, silky smooth. Nutmeg and cinnamon finish it off. It has a truely unique taste, but isn't overly dense and rich like lots of cheesecake recipes. Might I also note that the homemade crust is essential :)

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--