Grampie's Showroom

Monday, May 31, 2010
The other day I was looking around the house at all the things my grandfather (Grampie) has made. Lots of things! It makes furniture shopping pretty difficult because nothing (NOTHING) compares to the real deal, straight from the workshop. It's true... I'm a lucky girl.

Salt and Pepper, anyone?
The most recent addition, now if only I had some more JEWELRY to put in it!
A handheld mirror, engraved with my first initial. 
Amazing wedding present! Sometimes I open the chest just to get a whiff of the cedar. YUM.

Oftentimes, Grampie includes a note describing how each piece was made, type of wood, and some history. Very special indeed :)

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--