Hodge Podge

Thursday, May 20, 2010
Last week we stopped by the grocery store on our way home from errands, without much of a meal plan, but we didn't go hungry.
Ross's Venison Stuffed Mushrooms
Our own concoction: Prosciutto wrapped scallops 
We split a stuffed flounder filet-- HEB's finest!

The meal was pretty good. I LOVE stir fried bok choy. You have to be really careful not to overcook because then it turns a more unappetizing shade of green. Also, next time I make this recipe I will chop up the bok choy, I kinda forgot this time around. Ross's mushrooms had great flavor, but the stuffing didn't stay together well. I told him to use more egg next time and he said, "I knew I forgot something!!" Problem. Solved. The stuffed flounder was pre-prepared and ready to go (thanks HEB). It was maybe  slighty oversalted for my taste and the stuffing was a tad too bready, but otherwise good. We decided that the prosciutto flavor overpowered the delicate taste of the scallop. Who knew? Now we do and you do.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--