An Epiphany of Sorts

Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Normally, risotto takes a good 45 min of constant stirring. It's a labor of love to say the least. However, in this months issue of Cook's Illustrated they test out "Almost Hands Free Risotto." I was skeptical at first, but now I'm a believer. If you love risotto, please read this recipe and try out this method!!


We tried the Saffron Risotto with Chicken and Peas. I kinda forgot to throw in the saffron until about halfway in, so the risotto had the nice golden color, but lacked some of the saffron flavor. I seem to be biased toward wild mushroom risotto, it's my favorite plain and simple. But now I need to try this hands free cook method with some mushroom risotto...

Who's that Doggy in the Window?

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--