Africa Photo Safari

Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Ok, like I said, I'm done with dead animal pictures... Let's move on to the photo safari portion of the trip-- just landscapes and (live) animals!

Big 'ole croc just sunning himself on the rocks.

Check out the Elephant destruction- they decimate the trees. I'm not a big fan of elephants after our trip.






It's interesting how the hills are randomly scattered,  protruding out of the ground like ant mounds. 

Top of the mountain toast!

Sunset.



Warthog.


Young Kudu Bull

Female Waterbuck.

Giraffe. We saw a whole family too!

Female Waterbuck.

Crossing the river is way more scary after seeing a croc.

Ok so here's my South Africa confession... I feel in love with the Cape Buffalo. Don't ask me why because I'm really not sure. I think it has something to do with how dangerous they are.

So, Cape Buffalo are NOTHING like the buffalo roaming the plains on in the USA. No, No. Cape Buffalo are born angry. They have nicknames like "Devil", "Widowmaker", and "Black Death"... Lovely right? Wounded buffalo are notorious to flee, stalk, and kill their pursuer.

Can someone please help me understand why I want one so bad?? It's one of those things where I have warning sirens going off in my head "not a good idea liz, not a good idea. warning!" Meh, I've got years before I have to worry about dealing with my Cape Buffalo dilemma. :)

See the distinct fused base on the horns of the bull?

Female. Just like a cow right? WRONG!


Feel free to imagine steam billowing out of these nostrils. 


What a great trip!

Again, here's the hunting wrap-up... (not for the faint of heart)

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--