My body hurts

Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Snowboarding is a tough sport to learn. Let me explain...

There's no graceful fall. It pretty much doesn't exist. When you fall, you WIPE OUT and it's so easy to catch your downhill edge when you're new. Kerr plunk. A couple days after-the-fact and I'm still sore. Ross and I wear the full getup of helmets and wrist guards, but geez I feel like I ran into a brick wall- also known as the ground. Face plant, done. I've had a heating pad on my neck everyday since.  Remind me to never be a football player. EVER.

Why would one partake in such a sport, you may ask...

Oh, because it's so much fun when you do get it right. One taste and you're hooked. Why ski when you can snowboard?

Strapping in. Here we go!

Anchorage city view from Hilltop, which is about 10 min from our house. It always feels steep when you're at the top of a mountain. There's only one way down!

You gotta bundle up when it's 5 degrees BEFORE going down the mountain! Ross told me to turn around and I promptly fell after the picture.

Ross getting strapped in. My camera died right after this picture and I missed his smiling mug shot.


Right after we picked up snowboarding, an acquaintance broke his wrist, so we now wear wrist guards every time.

There's a "trick" course right next to the green run we've been learning on. I'm always afraid I will wander over to the otherside of the fence by accident. Quick, slide off a rail! Wait, here's a jump! And if that's not enough how about a ramp? Thanks, but no. No way. Though you might see Ross over there one day. (He's one of those football player types-- his threshold for pain is slightly higher than mine)

We're still holding out hope we might get Mom on the bunny slope next month...

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--