Spikes or Bust

Sunday, December 19, 2010
We went out for our first hike on Friday! We braved the 6 degree weather and got outside for some much needed exercise. We got Miss Roma some Paw Protectors (dog boots) and bundled her up. She kept sinking down in the snow. Now you see her, now you don't. 

Ross and I bought some spikes for our shoes, but I recognize most people haven't seen these before. Here's a picture...


You strap the spikes onto your hiking boots or running shoes and they provide some added grip. Notice, I didn't say that they prevent you from falling. We can attest to that.

We met some friends for dinner on Friday and I ate it in the parking lot. Uggs don't work the best on ice, but I didn't think wearing my spikes at the bar would help me make friends either.

We got auto start installed on the 4-runner before the big move, and it has been worth it many times over. Studded tires is the next endeavor...



1 comment

  1. Liz: Enjoying your blog entries and photos of life in Alaska ... from a Texan's point of view. (I must admit that I have more of a taste for travel than for food.) Sounds like you are acquiring the appropriate gear for traversing the frozen tundra. Good girl. Even in Alaska, it's all about accessorizing, you know! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas, and a blessed 2011. Love, Aunt Marta

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--