Grammie, 1 Year Reflections

Sunday, July 8, 2012
It's been 1 year since Grammie passed away. Lot's of things remind me of her... and I wouldn't have it any other way. On a recent hike, there were purple flowers blooming everywhere and I thought of Grammie and her love of all things purple. I imagine her heaven is completely purple as a matter of fact...

I like to sign my full name, Elizabeth, rather than Liz because it reminds me of Grammie, also Elizabeth.  She had the most beautiful cursive penmanship. I used to practice signing my name like her. 

I'd like to make breakfast in bed a tradition with my grandkids one day. It was one of my most special memories that I have with Grammie. I would climb in her feather bed (the Nest) and Grampie would serve us chocolate or pumpkin "doughnies" with orange juice on a wicker tray that fit around my legs. It always had an artificial flower in a little vase, sitting in the corner. Then, I would show Grammie what the fairies left outside my door the night before. Usually it was an eclectic mix: stamps, stickers, pins, candy, games, puzzles, coins... and they became my little treasures. 

I feel blessed that I will always have these memories. Thinking of you Grammie. 

Please take a minute to re-read this blog post from last year.

Mom and Grammie, Christmas 2004

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--