Ice Machines

Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Snow is a common thing in Anchorage, however I was somewhat oblivious to the removal process.

Enter story.

Rewind to last night. I was peacefully dreaming of the Sugar Plum Fairy, when I was rudely awakened to jarring construction sounds at about 2 AM. WHAT?? Where am I?? The pup was awake too and we were a little apprehensive. Naturally, we had to wake Ross up to get his opinion on the situation.  I peeked through the blinds and there was a huge lighted machine (think the size of a Zamboni at the ice rink x4!!) rolling down our street, clearing/scraping/plowing everything in it's path.


"Roma, we're not in Texas anymore"...

Which actually got me thinking about Texas. I had a similar reaction when I saw my first mosquito truck making the rounds throughout the neighborhood in the middle of the night spraying pesticide. I thought we were under some kind bio-terrorist attack.

The similarity between these two events is that Ross told me to go back to sleep on both occasions. Meh, Roma and I both obliged.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--