Beer Festival

Monday, January 17, 2011
We went to the Great Alaskan Beer and Barley Wine festival with some friends on Saturday. You get a little glass and some raffle tickets upon entry- the keys to tasting hundreds of different types of microbeer and barley wine. I hadn't ever tried barley wine before, but BLEEEEECK! I'm not a fan. I really thought I'd like it more since I usually choose wine over beer, but no no. Not this wine. It reminded me of the German Apple wine (vien) which I almost couldn't choke down... Anyways the beer was great. We really like "Alaskan" brand beer (brewed in Juno) and when it's on sale it's even cheaper than Bud Light. Bargain! You'll get to taste it too when you come for a visit...

Cheers!



No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--