What's a Mum?

Monday, September 20, 2010
Part of our "To Do" List in preparation for the upcoming move, has been to go through all our junk stuff. Knowing that we are going to be moving to a smaller house, far far away, in the middle of winter is forcing us to be a tad more selective than we might otherwise be (in a good way).

Side Story: Pretty much as soon as I got my own apartment after college, Mom unloaded a couple boxes of my things, back on ME??!! *gasp* I was so mad when the parents drove the Suburban over to my place and forced those boxes upon me. The loss of precious space!... Now what? Well, I got married to a guy with an empty house, so naturally I just lumped 'em in an empty bedroom closet upstairs. Problem, solved.

Two years later and on the verge of a move, the time to dust off the cobwebs and go through those boxes had arrived. I found barbies, trolls, ponies, trophies, awards, stickers, old book reports, diaries (3 to be exact), love notes, trinkets,  pictures, and this...


A homecoming Mum from highschool! It had "Liz", "Matt", "Volleyball", "Go Falcons",  "Homecoming 2001", etc written down the ribbons. So funny! This thing had little bells hanging from it and Roma thought it was some kind of new toy for her. I remember when I moved to Texas and I had no idea what a Mum was. Here's a little article that tries to explain this Southern tradition!!

Needless to say, the Mum isn't going to Alaska. It got the boot. Bye Bye.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--