ChickPeas

Monday, April 19, 2010
I never fully appreciated chickpeas and now they're one of my favorite legumes. That's right, they're not a pea at all. Don't let the name foul you, it's a BEAN. That's why they're found with the other beans at the grocery store. Tricky, I know. These round little beans are full of fiber and oh so good for you. They're used a lot in Middle Eastern, Indian, and Mediterranean cooking. Falafel was one of my favorites when I visited Ross in Egypt. Ahh yes, here's the falafel picture in the van with the tour guide, on our way to the pyramids...
Anyway, I digress. Chickpeas are versatile and yummy. Throw 'em on a salad or mash 'em up and make hummus. You name it. Here is one of my favorite chickpea recipes...Ellie Krieger's ChickPea and Spinach Salad with Cumin Dressing and Yogurt sauce. It's super easy to make. We usually eat it as a side with grilled chicken.

Enjoy!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--