NOLA and back

Wednesday, February 3, 2010
I flew to New Orleans early this morning for a partner meeting and I flew back to Houston tonight. The partner meetings are in NOLA because Shell is based there and they operate the platform, so they also host/run the meetings. Exxon, BP, and ConocoPhilips have a lower interest than Shell, so we always go to them. Funny how that works. Overall, it wasn't a bad way to spend the day. It was fun being in New Orleans during Mardi Gras season. I got my fill of king cake and they had mardi gras beads at the meeting. There is also a little football game on sunday that has new orleans pretty excited :) WHO DAT!! Ha ha.
Ross and I went over to Clay and Dre's for dinner in between the midweek madness. We had steaks, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, and Dorie's Cinnamon Squares. The cake was really good, I especially liked the swirl of cinnamon/sugar/chocolate chips in the middle. The icing hardened like Magic Shell and tasted great with the texture of the cake. I made the cake the day before (because of my trip) and I bet it would only be better FRESH and HOT out of the oven. MMMM.  Check out the swirl...

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--