Mr. Officer

Thursday, February 18, 2010
I got pulled over by a cop yesterday. Here's the story... I was driving along, running some errands after work... isn't that the way the story always begins? A cop passed through the intersection where I was stopped. I remember thinking --wheew glad I stopped nicely at that stop sign. I turned and ended up behind him. Then, the cop started driving like a crazy person. He was breaking so many traffic laws, I thought he might get pulled over by one of his cop buddies. I guess its difficult to maneuver behind someone when you're going 30mph.  So he flashed his lights and I pulled over. At this point I'm racking my brain as to what I did wrong. Stop at stop sign-- check. Going speed limit-- check. Seatbelt-- check. What??..

Cop: "Maam how are you doing today?"
Me: "Pretty well, I think?"
Cop: "Are you aware that you have a registration sticker"
Me: "Yes."
Cop: "Are you aware that it expired last year"
Me: "No sir"
Cop: "You just didn't notice?"
Me: "I didn't notice. That's my husbands department"
Cop: "So this is your husbands car?"
Me: "No, this is my car, but my husband does the cars. I'm in charge of other things"
Cop: "I see. When was your last ticket?"
Me: "A long time ago. Back when I was in college"
Cop: "Well I'm just going to issue you a warning, Mrs Hubbble"
Me: "Heeebel. Thank you Mr. Officer"

And that was that. I went on my merry way. On a sidenote, he asked me many many more completely irrelevant questions, but I got off with a warning so I can't complain. A second sidenote, Ross was only half responsible. I didn't notice either. Needless to say, I am heading to the Fort Bend county tax collector in the morning to renew my registration.

Meanwhile, Roma was looking for some birds in the backyard. Here's her "Pointing" stance.

She's ready for hunting season to start again. Thankfully, we've got quite a few months before that happens. Sorry Roma.

1 comment

  1. Wow Liz, what a story. Hard to believe that Ft. Bend county doesn't mail your registration renewal paperwork like Harris County?! They even let you choose between mailing check in or doing everything on line. Of course that might explain why your taxes are lower . . .teeheeeheee.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--