Birthday #1

Wednesday, September 12, 2012
I love celebrating birthdays. LOVE it. So, when given the opportunity to celebrate my bday on multiple occasions I'm game :)

Mom suggested that we celebrate my upcoming birthday a bit early, since Texas and Alaska aren't exactly next door.

I requested tequila drinks and big 'ole gulf shrimp (Alaska shrimp are so much smaller and lack the texture/flavor of the real deal). It was a great meal.


Panzanella is basically just a bread salad. I've never actually made one before, but I'd imagine the quality of the bread is super important because it's the star ingredient. So, go for the freshest stuff you can find!


Grill Master Ross

This shrimp recipe is from Chef Bryan Caswell, of Reef in Houston. Honestly, it's one of the best shrimp recipes I've ever had. You coat the shrimp in a curry, chile, cayenne dry rub, then baste with a lemon butter while on the grill, and serve with a sriracha remoulade dipping sauce. Definitely worth the effort--- delicious!!!

One of my all time favorites-- Boston Creme Pie.



Multiple layers of vanilla cake, creamy vanilla custard, and a decadent semi-sweet chocolate glaze... Yes! I'll take 2 pieces please...

Mom gave me a couple of Grammie's vintage fur coats. Huge surprise and they're just beautiful. I can't wait to wear 'em!




Who knows?

A new (totally cute) wallet!


Great Birthday Numero Uno!!


3 years ago: Let's Hunt
2 years ago: Mexican Mole
1 year ago: Blueberry Hill Views

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--