Cluck Gobble Quack

Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Do you know what a Turducken is? Have you ever had one?

During Thanksgiving, I'm reminded of the first time I heard about a Turducken--- surprisingly, it was featured on a test in my Unit Operations: Transport Processes class. It went something like this...
If you put the refrigerated 40 deg F  Turducken in a a 350 degF oven, how long will it take for the chicken inside to reach 160 deg? The problem also listed several heat transfer coefficients.

Now the point of this story is not to reminisce about my chemical engineering days, nor is it to point out things I no longer remember how to do. Rather, it's to call attention to the fact that I thought a Turducken was a completely made up thing, created solely for the purpose of the problem. A mythical bird only meant to wreck havoc on some poor engineering students. When I was telling my parents about the test problem afterwards, mom told me that you could buy a Turducken at the store. Imagine that?? Crazy right?

I have yet to eat a Turducken.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--