Skinny Raven Half Marathon

Sunday, August 21, 2011


I FINISHED!!



I don't know why, but I decided to do another half marathon and on a whim I signed up for it a couple months ago. BUT, because Alaska summers are so much fun I didn't do much training, instead I was fishing and hiking. Right up until the week before the race, I really wasn't sure if I was going to do it. But I did. And I'm so glad I did because the weather was gorgeous. I ran the whole thing, and that was my main goal. On another note, I'm going to need to have a word with the race planners because there was a steep hill at the very end, with about .2 miles left. Who does that? Cruelty.



I finished the 13.1 miles in 1:52, which is about the same as I finished the Houston half. The "official" times are posted here and race photos should be posted this week.







 Here's a look at the route:





Now some R&R. Wait, I have to work tomorrow...


No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--