Dinner with Friends

Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Friends (and now quasi neighbors) Kaity and Hunter had us over for dinner. A very special dinner indeed!

This bread had roasted garlic throughout and it pretty much hit the spot. Much to Ross's dismay, I kinda have a thing for roasted garlic.

Filet Mignon? Yes, Please. Getting ready to sizzle.

Prepping.

Appetizer: Bacon wrapped scallops. Delish.

Our meal! Steaks with a red wine/mushroom reduction, collard greens with malt vinegar, and lemon butter potatoes.

Yeah I pretty much felt like a superstar celebrity over at K & H's house. I mean they got the "special" steak, aka filet mignon :) K & H also served us on super cute homemade pottery dinnerware. Pottery is a hobby I plan to pursue at some point in my life and now I have a teacher. Anyone in Anchorage have a kiln we can use?? I probably need to a) find a class first so Kaity doesn't fall asleep teaching me basics and b) find some spare time! Maybe a winter activity?

Hope pottery likes the cold!



No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--