Chicken of the Sea

Tuesday, September 8, 2009
So it feels like a Monday, BUT it is a Tuesday. That's not a bad feeling at all, especially when it's an off-Friday week. Yay, 3 days of work!

I was sitting at my desk this morning, trying to wake up with the usual blueberry scones and coffee, when a none too familiar face poked up around the window of my cubicle... DAD!! He's so stealth he breached security! .. No. I'm kidding. Dad arrived in Houston last night to attend a BP training class this week and stopped by my office before heading to Day 1.  (Dad & I used to have this morning check-in routine when we worked in the same city AND the same building). He will be saving BP vasts amounts of $$ by getting room & board at the Huebel house the rest of the week. As the company motto says, "Every Dollar Counts!"

I need to take just a moment to gripe about canned salmon. Just to clarify, not the canned tuna equivalent of salmon, but wild pink salmon- Royal Pink.  I was all set to make salmon cakes with a soy/ginger sauce for dinner tonight, until I opened the salmon. It was like they took the head/tail off the fish and then sent all the rest through the grinder. Seriously? I paid for bones and skin, really? Roma didn't even want to eat any- that's when you know it's bad. The garbage disposal ate salmon for dinner. Never again will I make this mistake. Luckily, I had canned tuna on hand. You can always depend on tuna. Salmon cakes turned into tuna cakes :)

Sunday afternoon siesta, any takers??

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

HBD to Claire and Ross!

Such a fun birthday weekend for two of my favorites! Claire turned 8 and Ross turned… more than 8 :)  Date night picture--